Our Valued Donors & Partners
Continuing poverty, inequality, and lack of respect for human rights and basic services in Sindh and Pakistan in general motivated a professional group of persons (male & female) to rise to the challenge and contribute to the call for a genuine community development. In 2003, the Community Development Foundation was formed and in 2005 it was registered under the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies Act of 1961. CDF is one of the few people-centered organizations that grew within the local community of North Sindh. Because we were ‘born and raised’ from within the communities we serve, we take extra care to protect our accountability to our beneficiaries and the trust and confidence of local communities towards CDF while bringing the change we need to achieve a just and humane community. Started as a small community organization providing vocational training and placement services to poor households in Jacobabad district, CDF has grown increasingly in scope and size to be at forefront of community development work in North Sindh.
Broadening access of people, especially poor to quality Health, Education, Skill Development facilities & institutions working in public and private sectors.
To build a society free from poverty where all individuals are able to benefit from resources and opportunities in a participatory and healthy environment.
- Positive changes are brought in the unjust social, economic and political systems and cultural attitude for women, children, Old age & minorities.
- Peace, tolerance, justice and equality are promoted in the society.
- Capabilities are developed of rural community, civil society organization, and various stakeholders to work effectively and efficiently to promote equality & justice in the society.
- Response to emergency relief in natural and manmade calamities and disasters.
- To work for the socio-economic uplift of the marginalized communities with special focus on Women, Old age, Minorities and Children.
- Improvement in education, health, livelihoods though participatory community development process.
- Mutual respect
- Accountability & Transparency
- Gender equality